Bring this apricot basil seed yogurt dip to the party - and basically win at life. Basil seeds (found at your local natural foods store or online) plump up in yogurt to create a thick, creamy texture … perfect for dippers like fruit and fresh or roasted veggies.
INGREDIENTS 10 SERVINGS
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) basil seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 miligram) sea salt from Sea Salt Grinder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) Ground Turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon (1/2 milliliter) Ginger, Ground
- 1 Stir all ingredients in a medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended.
- 2 Refrigerate at least 1 hour to allow basil seeds to hydrate and flavours to blend before serving.
- 3 Test Kitchen Tip: Basil seeds are black, tear-shaped seeds that, like chia seeds, have a gelatinous outer layer when wet. Also called Sabja seeds, they are the seed of the sweet basil plant native to India. Basil seeds absorb and take on accompanying flavours and provide texture and body without adding oils or fats, making them a great addition to smoothies, sauces, and dips. They can be purchased from specialty and natural food stores as well from many online retailers.