Pumpkin Spice Bread is a delightful addition to the holiday table. Or, wrap the loaf in plastic wrap, then a tea towel and include it in a gift basket.
INGREDIENTS 16 SERVINGS
- 3 cups (750 milliliters) flour
- 3 cups (750 milliliters) sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7 milliliters) salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (540 milliliters) pumpkin puree
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) orange juice
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) chopped pecans , divided
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour two 9x5-inch (23x13-cm) loaf pans. Mix flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Set aside.
- 2 Beat eggs in medium bowl. Stir in pumpkin, oil, orange juice and vanilla. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Stir in 1/2 cup (125ml) of the pecans. Divide batter evenly between prepared pans. Sprinkle top of each loaf with 1/4 cup (60ml) of the pecans.
- 3 Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool completely on wire rack.