Whether as easy weeknight dinner or laid-back weekend brunch, this new take on the American classic, chicken and waffles, highlights turkey breast and turkey gravy in place of fried chicken.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 1 package (25 grams) Gravy Mix for Turkey
- 1 pound (500 grams) boneless skinless turkey breast
- 4 tablespoons (20 milliliters) olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) Sea Salt Grinder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) Black Peppercorn Grinder
- 4 frozen or prepared Belgian-style waffles , such as Classic Buttermilk Waffles
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) cranberry sauce or chutney, optional
- 1 Prepare gravy as directed on package, set aside and keep warm.
- 2 Cut turkey across the grain into 1-inch (2.5 cm) wide strips; toss in bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 3 Heat medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; fry turkey, turning once, until no longer pink inside, 6 to 8 minutes. Pour in gravy, reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 minutes.
- 4 Toast or make waffles; divide among plates. Spoon turkey and gravy mixture on top. Serve with cranberry sauce, if using.
Test Kitchen Tips:
• This is a great way the use leftover cooked turkey; simply chop or shred then heat through in prepared gravy. • Swap in chicken for turkey if preferred or serve with prepared breaded chicken strips instead. • For an added touch of sweetness, stir a spoonful of maple syrup into gravy.