Creamy mac and cheese is delicious, but it’s the Sloppy Joe-style spiced beef that pushes this dish over the top.
- 1 pound (500 gram) lean ground beef
- 1 package Sloppy Joes Seasoning Mix
- 1 tablespoon (15 mililiter) olive oil
- 1 cup (250 mililiter) each diced mushrooms and fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup (250 mililiter) milk
- 2 tablespoon (30 mililiter) diced pickled jalapenos
- 4 cups (1000 mililiter) cooked gluten-free elbow macaroni, cooled
- 1.5 cups (375 mililiter) cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Brown ground beef over medium-high heat in large saucepan. Drain fat. Add seasoning mix. Remove beef from pan and reserve.
- 2 Add oil and mushrooms to saucepan on medium-high heat; cook 5 minutes.
- 3 Return beef to pan. Add tomatoes, milk, cream and jalapenos, if using. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat, add macaroni and 1 cup (250 mL) cheese. Mix well and pour into 9-in (23 cm) casserole dish.
- 4 Top with remaining ½ cup (125 mL) cheese and bake 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbling.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.