Season roasted chicken with a distinct blend of garlic, onion and red bell pepper (Hearty Seasoning from the Tasty™ Seasoning Kit) for classic, consistent flavour every time.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 1 whole chicken , (about 4 pounds/1.8kg)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (22 milliliters) hearty
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon , halved
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- 2 On a cutting board, pat the chicken dry with paper towels, including the cavity.
- 3 In a small bowl, combine the Hearty Seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- 4 Sprinkle the Seasoning all over the chicken. Place the lemon halves and thyme in the cavity.
- 5 Truss the chicken. Using butcher’s twine, tie the legs together, then slip the twine under each leg, pull up to the top of the chicken, and flip the bird over. Pull the twine under the wings, loop around the neck, and then tie to secure and cut off any excess twine. Flip the bird over again and tuck the wings under the breasts.
- 6 Place the chicken on a rack in a large roasting pan, breast-side up.
- 7 Roast for 1 hour, or until the internal temperature reaches 165˚F (75˚C). If the skin starts to get too brown during cooking, tent with foil or reduce the oven temperature to 375˚F (190˚C).
- 8 Let the chicken rest for 20 minutes before carving.
- 9 Enjoy!
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.