Fire-up the cast iron skillet and season your boneless strip steak with savoury Club House spices like Garlic Powder and Rosemary. For steakhouse perfection, finish in the oven and serve with red wine sauce.
INGREDIENTS 2 SERVINGS
- 1 boneless strip steak , about 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick (375 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) sea salt from Sea Salt Grinder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) Rosemary Leaves
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) butter
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) red wine
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F (230°C). Mix salt, garlic powder, pepper, and rosemary in small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over both sides of steak.
- 2 Heat cast iron skillet on high heat until hot. Add oil; reduce heat to medium. Sear steak 1 to 2 minutes per side or until browned. Transfer skillet to oven. Bake until steak is desired doneness; about 4 to 6 minutes for medium-rare (135°F/60°C) or about 7 minutes for medium (145°F/65°C).
- 3 Carefully remove pan from oven. Transfer steak to cutting board and let stand 5 minutes. Meanwhile, add butter to skillet on medium heat, stirring until melted. Add red wine. Cook 1 minute, stirring to release brown bits from bottom of pan. Serve red wine sauce with steak.
Go To Meal Planner