Who doesn’t love a one pot meal? Shake up your weeknight meals and add a little Cajun to your dinner tonight! This dish also makes great leftovers for your lunch the next day!
INGREDIENTS 16 SERVINGS
- 1 pound (500 gram) peeled shrimp, tails removed
- 3 tablespoon (45 milliliter) piri piri (club house)
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliter) olive oil
- 1 pound (500 gram) spicy sausage or Keilbasa, cut into chunks
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and largely diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 6 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) Garlic, Prepared Minced
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliter) tomato paste
- 2 teaspoon (10 milliliter) Organic Oregano Leaves
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter) Organic Thyme Leaves
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter) Parsley Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliter) Organic Cayenne Pepper
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) dry white wine
- 1 (946 milliliter) Chicken Cooking Stock
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) water
- 3 cups (750 milliliter) long grain white rice
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 1 1/5 cup (125 milliliter) sliced green onions
- 1 Juice of whole lemon
- 1 In a medium bowl, combine shrimp and piri piri seasoning. Toss to coat evenly; set aside.
- 2 Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add sausage and cook 10 minutes, or until browned. Remove to bowl using slotted spoon to leave oils and juices in pot. Add chicken to pot; cook 5 minutes, or until browned. Remove from pot and set aside with sausage.
- 3 Add onion, bell pepper, and celery; sauté 10 minutes. Add tomatoes, jalapeño, garlic, tomato paste, oregano, thyme, parsley and cayenne pepper; cook 2 minutes.
- 4 Add wine, scraping browned pieces from sides of pot. Add stock, water, rice, sausage, chicken, and bay leaves, bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat to low; simmer 20 minutes. Add shrimp and simmer 5 minutes.
- 5 Remove pot from heat; stir in green onions, and lemon juice. Remove bay leaves to serve.