Grilled to perfection and topped with creamy bocconcini cheese, these portobellos are sure to please both the vegetarians and meat eaters in the crowd.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliter) balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 package (35 gram) Pasta Salad Dressing Mix
- 4 medium portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 container (200 gram) bocconcini cheese, cut into 1/2 inch (1 cm ) slices
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/2 inch (1 cm) slices
- Fresh basil leaves, finely sliced
- Fresh parmesan cheese, shaved
- 1 Combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil and dressing mix.
- 2 Pour half the dressing into a glass dish or plastic bag. Add Portobello mushrooms. Turn to coat all sides. Marinate for 1 hour. Reserve remaining dressing.
- 3 Grill marinated mushrooms over medium heat until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes
- 4 Place sliced bocconcini cheese on top of each mushroom. Top with sliced tomato. Continue layering to desired height. Garnish with basil leaves and Parmesan cheese, if desired
- 5 Drizzle with reserved dressing.