Cozy up to this fragrant and colourful casserole! Loaded with flavour the whole family can enjoy.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 4 teaspoons (20 milliliter) vegetable oil, divided
- 4 pork chops (1/2 inch /1 cm thick), trimmed of fat
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) long grain rice (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) chopped onion
- 1/4 cup (62.5 milliliter) chopped bell pepper
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliter) flour
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) Curry Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 milliliter) Garlic Powder
- 2 cups (500 milliliter) chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) milk
- 1 can (341 milliliter) corn kernels
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) broccoli florets
- 1 In skillet, heat 2 tsp (10 mL) vegetable oil over medium-high heat, add pork chops and brown 2-3 minutes per side.
- 2 Sprinkle rice in bottom of lightly greased 9 x 13 inch (22 x 34 cm) baking dish. Place browned pork chops in single layer over rice. Set aside.
- 3 Meanwhile, heat remaining vegetable oil in skillet over medium heat. Cook onion and bell pepper for 5 minutes until soft.
- 4 Mix flour, Club House Curry Powder and Garlic Powder with chicken broth and add to skillet. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes until sauce is thickened. Stir in milk and corn.
- 5 Pour over pork. Cover with foil.
- 6 Bake at 350°F (180°C) for about 45 minutes or until pork chops and rice are tender, adding broccoli during last 10 minutes of cooking.