This corned beef and cabbage recipe is a traditional Irish favourite made in one-pot. This complete meal is so easy to prepare, you won't want to save it for just the wearing o' the green.
2h 45 min
INGREDIENTS 8 SERVINGS
- 1 corned beef brisket , trimmed (3 pounds/1350 g)
- 1 small onion , quartered
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) Club House Pickling Spice
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Minced Garlic
- 8 small red potatoes
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) baby carrots
- 1 small head cabbage , cored and cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) butter , melted
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Parsley Flakes
- 1 Place brisket in 6-quart (5.7 L) saucepot or Dutch oven. Cover with about 2 quarts (2 L) water. Add onion, pickling spice and garlic; cover.
- 2 Bring just to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 2 hours. (Do not boil.) Add potatoes and carrots; simmer 30 minutes longer. Add cabbage; simmer 15 minutes longer. Remove brisket and vegetables from saucepot.
- 3 Slice brisket across the grain. Mix butter and parsley; brush on vegetables.