These fluffy buttermilk pancakes are made extra-rich and decadent with the addition of chocolate chips.
INGREDIENTS 8 SERVINGS
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cup (425 milliliters) buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) coconut oil or vegetable oil (plus more for brushing pan)
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cup (375 milliliters) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 milliliters) chocolate chips
- 1 In large bowl, whisk egg, buttermilk, oil and vanilla. In separate bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; whisk into egg mixture just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 2 Heat large non-stick skillet over medium-low heat; brush with a bit more oil. For each pancake, pour ¼ cup (60 mL) batter onto skillet. Cook until edges are set and bubbles appear on top, about 3 minutes. Turn; cook until golden brown and set in centre, 1 or 2 minutes more.
- 3 Repeat with remaining batter, wiping pan and adding more oil with each batch.
Test Kitchen Tips:
• Top with fresh berries or sliced banana and whipped cream, if desired.
• Place pancakes in single layer on wire rack-lined baking sheet and keep warm in preheated 200°F (100°C) oven.
GET GREAT RECIPE IDEAS BY CREATING YOUR FLAVOUR PROFILE.
SIGN UP WITH EMAIL
Already have an account? Log in now.