Comfort food fit for a (very hungry) king! This casserole is great for a crowd and makes delicious leftovers, if there are any.
INGREDIENTS 6 SERVINGS
- 1 pound (500 gram) lean ground beef
- 1 can (540 milliliters) can no salt added white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) water
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) beef stock
- 2 packages (35 grams) 25 less salt and gluten free chili seasoning mix (club house)
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) each grated cheddar and mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) thinly sliced onions
- 2 cups (500 milliliter) potatoes, sliced very thin
- 1 In a large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat, brown ground beef and drain fat.
- 2 Stir in beans, tomato sauce, water, stock and all seasoning mix. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- 3 In a 9 x 13-in (23 x 33 cm/3 L) casserole dish, spoon 1/5 each of chili mixture and cheese evenly and then ¼ each of onions and potato slices. Repeat until all ingredients are used, making sure to reserve some cheese to sprinkle on top.
- 4 Cover and bake in 375°F (190°C) oven for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake additional 10 minutes until cheese is bubbling.