Baking soda acts as a quick chickpea tenderizer and texture enhancer in this creamy, super-smooth, restaurant-style hummus. Garnish with your favorite Club House® seasoning blend or pomegranate seeds and enjoy as a dip, spread onto sandwiches or wraps, or over a salad fo... Baking soda acts as a quick chickpea tenderizer and texture enhancer in this creamy, super-smooth, restaurant-style hummus. Garnish with your favorite Club House® seasoning blend or pomegranate seeds and enjoy as a dip, spread onto sandwiches or wraps, or over a salad for a little protein boost. Read More Read Less
- 1 pound (500 grams) dried chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) baking soda
- 2 1/2 teaspoons (12 milliliters) salt , divided
- 3/4 cup (175 milliliters) tahini
- 5 tablespoons (75 milliliters) fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7 milliliters) Cumin, Ground
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Organic Coriander Ground
- 1 medium clove garlic
- Paprika Smoked , to garnish
- 1 Place chickpeas in large bowl. Add enough cold water to cover by about 2 inches (5 cm). Soak at least 8 hours or overnight.
- 2 Transfer chickpeas and soaking liquid to large saucepan. Add additional water, as needed, to cover chickpeas with about 3 inches (7.5 cm) of water. Stir in baking soda and 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of the salt. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 to 35 minutes or until chickpeas are very tender. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Drain chickpeas, reserving cooking liquid. Reserve 1 cup (250ml) whole chickpeas for garnish.
- 3 Transfer remaining chickpeas to food processor. Pulse chickpeas until coarsely chopped. Add 1/2 cup (125 ml) of the reserved chickpea cooking liquid, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons (7 ml) salt, tahini, lemon juice, cumin, coriander and garlic. Process until smooth. Add additional cooking liquid as needed to reach desired texture.
- 4 Serve hummus topped with reserved whole chickpeas, drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with smoked paprika, if desired. Serve with toasted pita wedges, pita chips or fresh cut-up veggies for dipping. Store remaining hummus and chickpea garnish in airtight containers in refrigerator up to 1 week. (Makes about 6 cups/1.5L.)
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon