This delectably tart and sweet marmalade comes together with no need for canning. Simply store in the freezer for up to 1 year.
- Glass or plastic jars with tight fitting lids
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) thinly sliced lemon and orange rind
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) water
- 2 1/2 cups (625 milliliter) chopped orange sections
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) chopped lemon sections
- 1 1/2 cups (375 milliliter) granulated sugar
- 1 package (45 gram) No Cook Freezer Jam Gelling Powder
- 1 Wash and rinse containers.
- 2 Cover rind with water and simmer until tender (about 15 minutes). Drain and chill.
- 3 Combine chopped fruit and chilled rind.in large mixing bowl.
- 4 Gently stir in sugar and allow to stand for 15 minutes.
- 5 Slowly sprinkle Garden Fare Freezer Jam No Cook gelling powder a little at a time onto fruit mixture while stirring for 3 minutes.
- 6 Allow to stand for 5 minutes. Gently stir again for 1 minute.
- 7 Pour marmalade jam into jars, leaving 1 inch (2.5 cm) head space. Seal tightly. Marmalade jam is ready to eat. No standing time is required.
- 8 Store in refrigerator and use within 6 weeks or store in freezer for up to one year.