A wickedly easy cupcake to decorate with your ghouls and goblins.
INGREDIENTS 24 SERVINGS
- 1 package (2-layer cake) chocolate cake mix
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Pure Vanilla Extract
- 24 chocolate ice cream cones
- 4 oz (112 grams) semi-sweet baking chocolate , melted
- 24 chocolate wafer cookies
- 1 container (450 grams) vanilla icing
- Food Colour Preparation
- Black string licorice , cut into assorted lengths for hair
- Red candy-coated pieces , for eyes
- Green gum drops, cut into triangles , for nose
- 1 Prepare cake mix as directed on package, adding vanilla to batter.
- 2 Bake as directed on package for cupcakes. Cool cupcakes on wire rack.
- 3 Dip open end of each ice cream cone into melted chocolate. Attach to chocolate wafer cookies to make the witch’s hat. Let stand 30 minutes to allow chocolate to harden. Tint icing green with ½ tsp (2 mL) green food colour. Frost cupcakes. Place witch’s hat on each cupcake. Use candy-coated pieces for the eyes and gum drops, cut into triangles, for the nose. Cut string licorice into assorted lengths for the hair.
Test Kitchen Tips:
• For easier measurement, ¼ tsp (1 mL) food colour = 20 to 25 drops.