A swirl of tahini in a classic dessert like brownies tempers the expected sweetness with a nutty warmth that’ll leave you wondering why you didn’t try this recipe sooner.
INGREDIENTS 9 SERVINGS
- 1 1/4 cups (310 milliliters) tahini , divided
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) icing sugar , divided
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) almond flour
- 1/3 cup (75 milliliters) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) water
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) Cardamom Ground
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line 6-inch (15-cm) square baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- 2 Place 1 cup (250 ml) of the tahini, syrup, eggs, 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of the confectioners’ sugar and vanilla in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed, just until blended. Add almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt; mix until well blended (mixture will be very thick). Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- 3 Mix remaining 1/4 cup (60 ml) tahini, 1 tablespoon (15 ml) confectioners’ sugar, water and cardamom in small bowl just until thickened. Drop tahini mixture onto brownie batter by the spoonful. Cut through batter with knife several times to swirl tahini.
- 4 Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out mostly clean. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars to serve.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon