An easy-to-make dessert for fall potlucks, tail-gating and casual entertaining.
INGREDIENTS 12 SERVINGS
- Apple Filling
- 12 cups (3 liter) thinly sliced peeled apples , such as Golden Delicious or Granny Smith (about 9 apples)
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter) Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliter) cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) Apple Pie Spice
- Streusel Topping
- 3/4 cup (175 milliliter) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) butter , cut into pieces
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). For the Apple Filling, toss apple slices with lemon juice and vanilla in large bowl. Mix cornstarch and apple pie spice in small bowl. Sprinkle over apples; toss to coat well. Spoon into 13x9-inch (33 x 23 cm) baking dish sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
- 2 For the Streusel Topping, mix brown sugar, flour and oats in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle evenly over Apple Filling.
- 3 Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown.
- 4 Test Kitchen Tip: Recipe may be halved. Halve all ingredients and prepare as directed. Bake in 9-inch (23 cm) square baking dish for 30 minutes.