Prepare cupcakes in school or team colours for school events, graduation parties or sports celebrations. See Tips below for directions on how to tint frosting.
INGREDIENTS 18 SERVINGS
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) butter , softened
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 package (500 grams) confectioners' sugar , sifted
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) milk
- Food Colour Preparation
- Neon Food Colouring Preparation
- 18 unfrosted cupcakes , use your favourite flavour or school colour
- 1 Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar, beating until well blended after each addition, frequently scraping sides and bottom of bowl. Add milk; beat until light and fluffy.
- 2 Divide frosting evenly into 2 separate bowls. Stir in food colour from tips below to tint each bowl of frosting to desired colour. If frosting is too thick to spread after adding colour, gradually stir in additional milk.
- 3 Fill pastry bag fitted with a star tip with prepared tinted frosting. Pipe frosting onto cupcakes, as desired.
• Orange Frosting: 48 drops Yellow + 50 drops Red
• Blue Frosting: 100 drops Neon Blue
• Red Frosting: 150 drops Red + 10 drops Yellow
• Purple Frosting: 150 drops Neon Purple + 30 drops Neon Blue
• Green Frosting: 150 drops Green
• Gold Frosting: 100 drops Yellow