The ultimate in decadent experiences, this tangy yet sweet ice cream delivers all the flavour you’d expect from a traditional Ranch seasoning, including garlic, dill, onion, and buttermilk. Served over a hot, fluffy waffle and crisp chicken finger, it’s the stuff...
The ultimate in decadent experiences, this tangy yet sweet ice cream delivers all the flavour you’d expect from a traditional Ranch seasoning, including garlic, dill, onion, and buttermilk. Served over a hot, fluffy waffle and crisp chicken finger, it’s the stuff brunch dreams are made of.
This recipe is featured in the Flavourful Fats Trend of the Flavour Forecast 23rd Edition. Explore more Flavour Forecast recipes here.Read More Read Less
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Dill Weed
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Sea Salt Grinder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) lemon zest
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) heavy cream
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) buttermilk
- 1 Whisk egg yolks, sugar, garlic powder, dill weed, onion powder salt and zest in large heat-safe bowl until well blended. Set aside. Heat cream and buttermilk in medium saucepan on medium heat, stirring frequently, just until mixture comes to a light simmer. (Do not boil.) Remove from heat.
- 2 Gradually add hot buttermilk mixture to egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly until well blended. Return mixture to saucepan. Cook and stir on medium-low heat until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat. Cool completely. (Use an ice bath to speed up cooling process, if desired.) Transfer to freezer-safe container with lid. Refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to blend.
- 3 Pour mixture into ice cream maker (at least 2-quart/2-liter capacity). Churn according to manufacturer's directions until ice cream reaches soft-serve consistency. Serve immediately, over prepared chicken and waffles, or freeze in an airtight container until ready to serve.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon