INGREDIENTS 16 SERVINGS
- 3/4 cup (175 milliliter) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 milliliter) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup (75 milliliter) unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoon (45 milliliter) Imitation Rum Extract
- 2/3 cup (165 milliliter) whipping (35%) cream
- 1 Combine all ingredients, except whipping cream, in a 2-quart (2 L) saucepan.
- 2 Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a full boil (5-8 minutes).
- 3 Cool 5 minutes; stir in whipping cream.
- 4 Serve with Chocolate Orange Pecan Tart.
- 5 Chef’s Tips: Sauce can be made ahead and kept in the fridge for up to 10 days in an airtight container. Use this sauce as a topping for fruit, ice cream, pancakes, your favourite coffee cake or banana bread.