Rave reviews will come your way when you serve this elegant cake, a classic combination of white chocolate and raspberries.
INGREDIENTS 16 SERVINGS
- White Chocolate Cake
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate
- 1 stick (113 grams) butter
- 1 package (2-layer size) white cake mix
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) Pure Vanilla Extract
- White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- 6 ounces (170 grams) white baking chocolate
- 1 package (250 grams) cream cheese , softened
- 1/2 stick (57 grams) butter , softened
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) seedless red raspberry jam
- 1/8 teaspoon (.5 milliliters) Red Food Colouring
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) raspberries
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). For the Cake, microwave chocolate and butter in medium microwavable bowl on HIGH 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Cool 5 minutes.
- 2 Beat cake mix, milk, eggs, raspberry flavor and cooled chocolate mixture in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed just until moistened, scraping side of bowl frequently. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes or until well blended. Pour evenly into 2 greased and floured (9-inch/23-cm) round cake pans.
- 3 Bake 25 to 28 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool cakes in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans. Cool completely on wire racks.
- 4 For the Frosting, melt chocolate as directed on package. Cool 5 minutes. Beat cream cheese and butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add cooled melted chocolate; mix well. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until light and fluffy. Remove 2/3 cup (150ml) of the frosting to a separate bowl; stir in raspberry preserves and red food color until well blended.
- 5 Place 1 cake layer on serving plate. Spread top with the tinted raspberry frosting. Top with remaining cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining white chocolate frosting. Top with raspberries just before serving. Store cake in the refrigerator.