Brimming with the goodness of carrots, pineapple, raisins and sunflower seeds, these moist and tender muffins are a nutritious portable snack or pack-and-go breakfast.
INGREDIENTS 12 SERVINGS
- 1 1/2 cups (375 milliliter) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon (7 milliliter) baking soda
- 2 teaspoon (5 milliliter) Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliter) Sea Salt Grinder
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup (175 milliliter) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoon (45 milliliter) pineapple juice (reserved from drained tidbits) or orange juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon (7 milliliter) Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups (375 milliliter) grated carrots
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) drained canned pineapple tidbits (liquid reserved)
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) raw unsalted hulled sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) pepitas (raw unsalted hulled pumpkin seeds)
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- 2 Grease or line 12 muffin cups with paper liners. In bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, Pumpkin Pie spice and salt.
- 3 In large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, oil, juice and vanilla until smooth; stir in carrots, pineapple and raisins. Stir in dry mix just until combined. In small bowl, combine sunflower seeds and pepitas; stir all but 2 tbsp (30 mL) into batter.
- 4 Spoon batter in prepared muffin cups; sprinkle tops with remaining seeds. Bake 23 to 25 minutes or until tops are firm and cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes. Transfer to rack; let cool completely.