Crisp maple shortbread cookies studded with walnuts are a welcome treat at any dessert table.
- 1 1/2 cups (375 milliliter) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) Imitation Maple Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliter) Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) Sea Salt Grinder
- 2 cups (500 milliliter) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) chopped walnuts
- 1 Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- 2 In stand mixer, cream together butter, sugar, extracts, and salt until light and fluffy. Mix in flour until combined. Stir in walnuts.
- 3 Form dough into 2 logs and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- 4 Slice logs ¼-inch (0.5 cm) thick and place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- 5 Bake 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 6 Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes, then transfer to wire cooling rack until completely cool.