Brownies are a welcome treat at almost any occasion. These rich and fudgy gluten-free brownies are as good as the traditional version.
INGREDIENTS 24 SERVINGS
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 milliliters) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) cornstarch
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) sorghum flour
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) plus 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) salt
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Mix sugar and cocoa powder in large bowl. Set aside. Mix cornstarch, sorghum flour, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
- 2 Microwave butter in large microwavable bowl on HIGH in 30 second intervals or until melted. Stir in cocoa mixture until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Gradually stir in flour mixture until well blended. Spread in foil-lined 13x9-inch baking pan sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
- 3 Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Test Kitchen Tip:
• Read labels of all recipe ingredients to ensure all are gluten-free.