Chunks of festive gingerbread, layered with spiced vanilla pudding and fruit come together in an updated trifle.
INGREDIENTS 16 SERVINGS
- 4 cups (1 liter) Gingerbread Cake cubes
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) sliced strawberries
- 2 cans (398 ml each) pear halves in juice
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) half-and-half
- 2 packages (4-serving size) (102 g each) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Ginger, Ground
- 1/8 teaspoon (1/2 milliliter) Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tub (250 ml) frozen whipped topping , thawed, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) toasted sliced almonds
- 1 Prepare Gingerbread Cake. Cool completely. Cut 2/3 of the cake into 1/2-inch cubes (4 cups/1 l). (Reserve remaining Gingerbread Cake for snacking.) Drain pears, reserving 1/2 cup juice. Cut pears into 1/2-inch (1 1/2 cm) pieces. Mix pears, strawberries and reserved pear juice in medium bowl. Set aside.
- 2 Pour half-and-half into large bowl. Add pudding mixes, ginger and cinnamon; beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended. Let stand 5 minutes. Gently stir in 2 cups of the whipped topping.
- 3 Layer 1/2 of the gingerbread cubes, fruit mixture and pudding mixture in large serving bowl. Repeat layers. Top with the remaining 1 cup whipped topping. Cover.
- 4 Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve. Sprinkle with almonds just before serving. Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.