Looking for an unforgettable holiday pie recipe? Served with a scoop (or two) of vanilla ice cream, you can't go wrong with this warm and simple apple pie featuring Club House Ground Cinnamon.
INGREDIENTS 8 SERVINGS
- 1 package (400 gram) refrigerated pie crust , (2 crusts)
- 1 cup (125 milliliters) sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) Ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 pounds (750 grams) apples , such as Granny Smith or Golden Delicious, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) butter
- 1 egg white , lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) water
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Prepare pie crusts as directed on package for two-crust pie using 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate.
- 2 Mix sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon in small bowl. Sprinkle over apples in large bowl; toss to coat well. Spoon into pastry-lined pie plate. Dot with butter. Top with second pie crust. Seal and flute edge. Cut small slits in top crust. Mix egg white and water in small bowl. Brush crust with egg wash and sprinkle with additional sugar, if desired.
- 3 Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on wire rack.
Test Kitchen Tips:
• After 15 to 20 minutes of baking, cover edge of crust with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning.