Enjoy a slice of this moist, dense and chocolatey, quick bread with a cup of coffee or tea. For added decadence, drizzle or spread cooled loaf with Chocolate Hazelnut Glaze.
1h 15 min
INGREDIENTS 16 SERVINGS
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) softened butter
- 1 1/2 cup (375 milliliters) granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon (7 milliliters) Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 cup (300 milliliters) all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup (150 milliliters) cocoa powder , sifted
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 milliliters) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) chopped hazelnuts
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- 2 In large bowl with whisk or electric beaters, beat butter with sugar until fluffy; beat in eggs and vanilla.
- 3 In separate bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture. Stir in milk just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Spread evenly in greased or parchment lined 9x5-inch (23x13 cm/2 L) loaf pan.
- 4 Bake for 65 to 75 minutes, or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack.
Test Kitchen Tips:
• To make glaze, whisk 1 cup (250 mL) icing sugar with 3 tbsp (45 mL) chocolate hazelnut spread and 3 tbsp (45 mL) milk until smooth. Drizzle over loaf.