This banana bread is made with rich chocolate and the perfect touch of cinnamon.
1h 15 min
INGREDIENTS 16 SERVINGS
- 2 1/4 cups (550 milliliters) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon (3 milliliters) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Organic Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliters) salt
- 3 ripe bananas , chopped
- 3/4 cup (175 milliliters) butter , softened
- 3/4 cup (175 milliliters) packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 milliliters) buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- 2 In large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- 3 In blender, combine bananas, butter, sugar, buttermilk, eggs and vanilla; blend, stopping to scrape down sides if necessary, until smooth. Stir into dry mixture just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread in greased 9x5-inch (23x13 cm) loaf pan.
- 4 Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack for 15 minutes. Turn out onto rack; let cool completely.
Test Kitchen Tip:
• Chocolate chips can be replaced with 4 oz (120 g) chopped dark chocolate, if preferred.
• No buttermilk? Stir 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon juice into 1/3 cup (75 mL) milk; let stand for 5 minutes.