Inspired by Halloween’s signature candy, these bright cupcakes feature vibrant layers of orange and yellow cake topped with creamy white frosting and sprinkles.
INGREDIENTS 24 SERVINGS
- 1 package (2-layer size) white cake mix
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliter) Pure Vanilla Extract
- Food Colour Preparation
- 450 grams vanilla frosting
- Assorted decorations, such as yellow and orange sprinkles, colored sugar and candy corn
- 1 Prepare cake mix as directed on package, adding vanilla. Divide batter in half. Tint one batch yellow with 1/3 teaspoon (1.5 ml) yellow food color. Tint second batch orange with 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) yellow food color and 1/8 teaspoon (1/2 ml) red food color.
- 2 Fill each paper-lined muffin cup 1/3 full with yellow batter. Gently add orange batter on top of yellow batter, filling each muffin cup 2/3 full. Bake as directed on package for cupcakes. Cool cupcakes on wire rack.
- 3 Frost cupcakes. Decorate as desired with sprinkles, colored sugar and candy corn.
GET GREAT RECIPE IDEAS BY CREATING YOUR FLAVOUR PROFILE.
SIGN UP WITH EMAIL
Already have an account? Log in now.