Studded with blueberries, layers of lemony, cream cheese filling, and crumbly cinnamon streusel topping, this is the casserole brunch dreams are made of.
INGREDIENTS 12 SERVINGS
- Streusel Topping
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) flour
- 2 teaspoon (10 milliliters) Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) cold butter, cut into chunks
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) plus 2 tbsp (30 mL) milk , divided
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) plus 2 tbsp (30 mL) granulated sugar , divided
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Ground Cinnamon
- 1 loaf French bread , cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes, about 8 cups (2 L)
- 1 1 pkg (250 g) cream cheese , softened
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) Pure Lemon Extract
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) blueberries , divided
- 1 For Streusel Topping, mix brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in medium bowl. Set aside until ready to assemble in the morning.
- 2 For the Casserole, mix eggs, 1 cup (250 mL) milk, ¼ cup (60 mL) granulated sugar and cinnamon in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Add bread cubes; toss gently to coat. Pour evenly into 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23 cm) baking dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3 Mix cream cheese, remaining 2 tbsp (30 mL) each milk and sugar, and lemon extract in medium bowl until well blended. Gently stir in 1 cup (250 mL) blueberries. Spread evenly on top of bread cubes. Top with remaining 1 cup (250 mL) blueberries. Cover. Refrigerate overnight.
- 4 Preheat oven to 350°F (180°). Remove casserole from refrigerator. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes. Meanwhile, cut butter into Streusel Topping mixture with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over casserole. Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
GET GREAT RECIPE IDEAS BY CREATING YOUR FLAVOUR PROFILE.
SIGN UP WITH EMAIL
Already have an account? Log in now.