You’ll be transported to the islands instantly with this grain-free twist on breakfast waffles. Ingredients like coconut milk, shredded coconut and blended pineapple infuse batter with a tropical flavour the whole brunch crew will love.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) almond flour
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) potato starch
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) Sea Salt Grinder
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) baking powder
- 2/3 cup (150 milliliters) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) Liquid Honey Bear
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) frozen pineapple
- 1 Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions.
- 2 In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, potato starch, baking powder, salt and coconut.
- 3 In a separate bowl, whisk together coconut milk, honey, eggs and vanilla.
- 4 Defrost pineapple in microwave and drain off any liquid. Pulse in blender or with an immersion blender until no large chunks remain. Stir into wet ingredients.
- 5 Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and whisk until no lumps remain.
- 6 Add batter to waffle iron ½ cup (125 mL) at a time and cook according to manufacturer’s directions.