Worth waking up for? These strawberry breakfast bars. Fruity, hearty and gluten-free, they hit the spot when you’re craving something sweet in the morning.
INGREDIENTS 16 SERVINGS
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) dates
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) coconut oil
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) potato starch (club house)
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) gluten-free oats
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Organic Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Sea Salt Grinder
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) frozen strawberries , defrosted and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) Minute Tapioca
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly grease 8-inch (20 cm) square pan.
- 2 Place dates in small bowl; cover with warm water and soak 10 minutes. Remove dates from water and place in food processor. Add coconut oil and blend until paste forms.
- 3 Add potato starch, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and vanilla to food processor. Pulse until large crumbs form.
- 4 Press 2/3 of oat mixture into greased pan and bake 15 minutes.
- 5 Meanwhile, mix together strawberries and minute tapioca in small bowl. Spread evenly over baked oat mixture. Top with remaining oat mixture and bake another 15 minutes, or until topping is slightly golden. Let cool before cutting into 16 bars.