This tasty, golden brown casserole can be ready in less than one hour or you can make it the night before, chill and bake it in the morning. Choose lower fat cheese, milk and sausage for a lighter, yet still tasty version.
INGREDIENTS 8 SERVINGS
- 1 package (375 gram) breakfast sausages , casings removed
- 2 cups (500 milliliter) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs , beaten
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) water
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) milk
- 1 package (38 gram) Homestyle Gravy Mix
- 6 slices bread , cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliter) Paprika
- 1 Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Cook crumbled sausage in large skillet on medium heat until browned and cooked through, stirring occasionally. Drain sausage. Spread in lightly greased 11x7-inch (28x18 cm) baking dish. Sprinkle cheese over sausage.
- 2 Beat eggs, water, milk and gravy mix in medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Pour over cheese. Arrange bread cubes evenly over mixture. Drizzle butter over bread, if desired. Sprinkle with paprika.
- 3 Bake, uncovered, 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.