A green twist on classic red velvet, these cupcakes take basic cake mix to delicious new heights with the addition of Pure Vanilla Extract, green food colour, sour cream and cocoa powder.
INGREDIENTS 24 SERVINGS
- 1 package chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) sour cream
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) water
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliter) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliter) vegetable oil
- 1 container (28 milliliter) Green Food Colouring
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon (10 milliliter) Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 container cream cheese frosting
- Green sprinkles
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Beat cake mix, sour cream, water, cocoa powder, oil, food color, eggs and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed just until moistened, scraping sides of bowl frequently. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
- 2 Pour batter into 24 paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- 3 Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan; cool completely on wire rack. Frost with cream cheese frosting. Decorate with sprinkles.