The perfect complement to an Indian-themed date night, this marigold and smoke cocktail feels luxuriously exotic – but in reality, is completely approachable. Earthy and lemony with just the right amounts of smoke and peppery bite (Club House® Black Peppercorn) it'... The perfect complement to an Indian-themed date night, this marigold and smoke cocktail feels luxuriously exotic – but in reality, is completely approachable. Earthy and lemony with just the right amounts of smoke and peppery bite (Club House® Black Peppercorn) it's an exciting exploration of Indian flavour and cuisine with every sip. Recipe Credit: Monica Saxena @aRoqa. Read More Read Less
INGREDIENTS 2 SERVINGS
- Turmeric and Lemon Cordial:
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup (175 milliliters) sugar
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) peeled, chopped raw turmeric root , (about 3-inch piece)
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Black Peppercorn Grinder , finely ground
- 1/8 teaspoon (1 milliliter) Sea Salt Grinder , finely ground
- Marigold and Smoke Cocktail:
- 3 1/2 ounces (105 milliliters) blended scotch whisky , such as Compass Box Artist Blend
- 2 1/2 ounces (75 milliliters) Turmeric and Lemon Cordial
- 3/4 ounce (20 milliliters) apricot liqueur , such as Giffard Abricot Du Roussillon
- 1/2 ounce (15 milliliters) smoky whisky , such as Ardbeg
- 1/2 ounce (15 milliliters) fresh ginger juice
- 4 dashs grapefruit bitters
- 1 For the Turmeric and Lemon Cordial, place all ingredients in medium saucepan. Heat on medium heat, just until simmering (mixture should reach 190°F/90°C). Remove from heat. Cool completely. (Place saucepan in ice bath to cool more quickly).
- 2 Transfer mixture to blender container; cover. Blend on high speed 1 minute. Strain mixture through fine mesh sieve, discarding solids. Refrigerate cordial until ready to use. Store any leftover cordial mixture in airtight container in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
For the Marigold and Smoke Cocktail, fill large cocktail shaker half-full of ice. Add all ingredients. Shake well. Strain into 2 ice filled rocks glasses. Garnish with yellow and orange marigold flowers to serve.
Test Kitchen Tips:
· Fresh Turmeric root is similar in appearance to ginger root. It has a tough skin or peel, that should be removed before grating, chopping or slicing to use in cooking. Note that fresh turmeric may stain hands and cooking equipment yellow, much like the dried, ground powder. Find turmeric root in the product section at your local grocery store.
· Use store-bought ginger juice or make your own! To make fresh ginger juice, simply peel and grate several pieces of fresh ginger root onto a piece of cheesecloth. Wrap grated ginger in cheesecloth and squeeze to drain juice, discarding solids in cheesecloth. You can also place chunks of peeled fresh ginger in the blender. Cover and process until pureed. Then strain through a fine mesh sieve, using a spatula to press out juices. Discard pulp and use juice for cocktails, smoothies and juice drinks.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.