Playfully preserving blood oranges with ingredients like beets and ginger root, and Club House® Ground Allspice and Black Peppercorn creates a deep shift among all the ingredients, inviting a welcome and new flavour experience. Sip this sour on its own, or combine with a... Playfully preserving blood oranges with ingredients like beets and ginger root, and Club House® Ground Allspice and Black Peppercorn creates a deep shift among all the ingredients, inviting a welcome and new flavour experience. Sip this sour on its own, or combine with a mixer for a light, refreshing cocktail - and feel time slow down with every gorgeously delicious sip. Read More Read Less
- 4 cups (1 quart/1 L) distilled water
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) peeled and grated red beets , about 3 to 4 beets
- 2 medium blood oranges , juiced, peel reserved
- 3/4 cup (175 milliliters) cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) peeled, grated ginger root , (about 4-inch piece)
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) honey
- 1 cinnamon stick , broken in half
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Cardamom Ground
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Ground Allspice
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Black Peppercorn Grinder
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Cloves, Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) Sea Salt Grinder
- 1 Mix all ingredients in large saucepan, including orange peel. Bring to a boil on medium-high heat. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Cool completely.
- 2 Strain mixture through fine mesh sieve, discarding solids. Store sipping sour in airtight container in refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve chilled on its own, or mix with Prosecco, to taste. For a mocktail version, simply stir into lemon-lime soda or seltzer water.
Blood Orange and Beet Margarita: Fill rocks glass with ice; set aside. Fill cocktail shaker with ice. Add 4 ounces (120 ml) Sipping Sour, 1 1/2 ounces (44 ml) blanco tequila (such as Espolon®) and 1/2 ounce (15 ml) triple sec (such as Cointreau®). Shake well. Strain into prepared glass. Garnish with blood orange wheel.
Makes about 6 cups (1.5 L).
Test Kitchen Tip: You can also store sipping sours before straining for later use. Simply transfer cooled mixture, orange peel and all, to glass jars with lids. Seal tightly and refrigerate up to 1 week, or until ready to serve. Strain as directed before serving.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.