These portable, marinated steak skewers have a bite that knocks the flavor out of the park, while a delicious spicy-sweet dipping sauce helps temper the heat.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 1 Trim fat from steak. Cut each steak crosswise into 3 x 1½-in (7 x 4 cm) wide chunks. Place in resealable plastic bag or covered glass dish.
- 2 Mix spices, brown sugar and beer in small bowl. Reserve ½ cup marinade for dipping. Pour remaining marinade over steak; turn to coat well.
- 3 Refrigerate 30 minutes or longer for extra flavor. Remove steak from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Thread steak onto metal or wooden skewers.
- 4 Broil or grill over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Mix reserved marinade with applesauce for dipping sauce.
- 5 Tip: If using wooden skewers, soak in water for at least 30 minutes to prevent burning.