Snack time, late nights or simply just because, warm, cheesy, homemade Turkey Chili Nachos hit just right.
INGREDIENTS 8 SERVINGS
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound (250 grams) lean ground turkey
- 2/3 cup (160 milliliters) No Salt Added Chicken Cooking Stock and water
- 1 package (35 grams) 25% Less Salt and Gluten-Free Chili Seasoning Mix
- 1 package (320 grams) low sodium corn tortilla chips
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) grated cheeses (eg. Cheddar, Mozzarella and Monterey Jack)
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) each diced onions, red peppers and tomatoes
- 1 In a medium skillet on medium-high heat, add oil and turkey. Cook until brown, about 5 minutes. Drain fat thoroughly.
- 2 Add stock, water and seasoning mix. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Let cool and set aside.
- 3 On a parchment lined baking tray, layer half each of the tortilla chips, cheeses, turkey and vegetables. Repeat with remaining ingredients and bake in a 400°F (200°C) oven for 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
- 4 Serve with salsa and sour cream.