Sweet and fruity, Overnight French Toast makes a delicious addition to your brunch or breakfast table.
INGREDIENTS 8 SERVINGS
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup (175 milliliter) milk
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) baking powder
- 1 (450 gram) loaf Italian bread, cut into 8 (1-inch/2.5 cm)-thick slices
- 1 package (600 gram) frozen whole strawberries, thawed
- 4 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter) Cinnamon Sugar
- 1 Mix eggs, milk, vanilla and baking powder. Pour over bread to soak; turn to coat well. Cover. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- 2 Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Mix strawberries, bananas and granulated sugar in 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23 cm) baking dish. Top with soaked bread slices. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- 3 Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.