Treat yourself to hot cross buns for breakfast with this simple recipe. Fill refrigerated biscuit dough with cinnamon sugar and raisins, then drizzle with easy homemade icing for a delectable treat — perfect for Easter brunch, picnics, or snacking!
INGREDIENTS 8 SERVINGS
refrigerated sweet buns
- refrigerated biscuits
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) raisins , divided
- 1 egg , lightly beaten
- 5 tablespoons (75 milliliters) icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) water
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Gently stretch biscuits into 4-inch (10-cm) circles. Mix cinnamon and brown sugar in small bowl. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon mixture and 1 tablespoon raisins over half of each biscuit. Fold over plain biscuit half onto raisin half. Fold again, pinching edges to seal. Gently shape into a ball. Repeat with remaining biscuits. Place buns in lightly greased 9-inch (23-cm) cake pan, evenly spacing them apart. Brush bun tops with beaten egg.
- 2 Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove buns onto cooling rack; cool completely.
- 3 Mix icing sugar and water in small bowl. Spoon into small resealable plastic bag. Cut a small piece from one of the bottom corners of bag. Close bag tightly then pipe an X on top of each bun.