Spice up classic shrimp cocktail with Southwest Chipotle Seasoning. A homemade dressing and avocado garnish take it over the top.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 4 cups (1 liter) water
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliters) Club House Southwest Chipotle Seasoning , divided
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 pound (500 grams) raw shrimp , shell on (16-20)
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) French’s Ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) sliced green onions
- 1 diced avocado and sliced green onion for garnish
- 1 In a small saucepan, combine water with 2 Tbsp (30 ml) of seasoning and lime zest and juice. Bring to a boil.
- 2 Add raw shrimp and bring water back to a boil. Once boiling, remove from heat and allow shrimp to rest in the hot water for 5 minutes.
- 3 Drain water and place shrimp on ice to chill.
- 4 Peel shrimp and using a sharp knife cut each shrimp in half lengthwise and each half into 3 pieces.
- 5 For the dressing, combine remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) seasoning with mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish and green onions. Whisk ingredients until well blended.
- 6 Combine shrimp pieces and dressing, and assemble shrimp salad on a plate or bowl. Garnish with diced avocado and sliced green onions.