Creamy avocado blended with cucumber, Mint, and smoky Chipotle Pepper turn up the flavour in this fragrant and slightly spicy drinkable coconut milk soup. Top with chopped oyster mushrooms sautéed with herbs and pistachios for a smooth afternoon pick-me-up.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- Smoky Avocado Drinkable Soup:
- 3 avocados, peeled, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 seedless cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 can (400 milliliters) Lite Coconut Milk
- 2 teaspoon (10 milliliters) lime juice
- 1 1/4 teaspoon (6 milliliters) Sea Salt Grinder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) mint leaves (mccormick )
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliters) crushed chipotle pepper (mccormick )
- Mushroom-Pistachio Topping:
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) olive oil
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) fresh oyster mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliters) pistachios, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliters) Sea Salt Grinder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliters) Thyme Leaves
- 1 For the Soup, place all ingredients in blender; cover. Blend on high speed until smooth. Remove insert from blender cover. With blender on, gradually add enough water [1 to 1 1/2 cups (250-375 mL)] until soup is a drinkable consistency.
- 2 For the Topping, heat oil in medium nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add remaining ingredients; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until mushrooms begin to brown and pistachios are toasted, stirring occasionally.
- 3 Pour soup into beverage glasses. Top each with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the Topping.
- 4 TIP: Make Ahead: Prepare soup and topping as directed. Cover and refrigerate up to 3 days. To warm soup and topping, place in microwavable mug. Microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until heated through.