Nothing warms the soul like a bowlful of this hearty soup served with a side of crusty bread. The long simmer in your slow cooker allows for the flavours to really blend and for the beef to become mouthwateringly tender.
INGREDIENTS 8 SERVINGS
- 1 pound (500 gram) lean, boneless stewing beef, cut into ½ in (1 cm) cubes
- 3/4 cup (175 milliliter) each diced onions, celery, carrots, zucchini and leeks
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) dry brown lentils rinsed and drained
- 1 can (540 milliliter) no salt added diced tomatoes with juice
- 3 1/2 cups (875 milliliter) water
- 1 package (42 grams) Slow Cookers Beef Stew
- 1 Stir all ingredients into slow cooker.
- 2 Cover. Cook 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH. For best results, do not remove cover during cooking.
- 3 Stir before serving.