Lightly peppered and creamy, this pear and leek soup is a lovely addition to any dinner menu.
INGREDIENTS 6 SERVINGS
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliter) butter
- 2 cups (500 milliliter) leeks, white and green parts, chopped
- 4 pears, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 carton (946 mL) Chicken Cooking Stock
- 1 Club House Bay Leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 milliliter) Club House Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 milliliter) Club House Ground White Pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) table (18%) cream
- Club House Black Pepper Grinder to taste
- 1 In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add leeks and sauté 5 minutes. Add pears and sauté 5 minutes.
- 2 Add stock, bay leaf, nutmeg, and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 10 minutes or until leeks and pears are tender.
- 3 Remove bay leaf and set aside. Purée in batches in food processor or blender until smooth.
- 4 Return to saucepan and add bay leaf and cream. Reheat but do not boil. Discard bay leaf and add pepper before serving.