Rejoice your local asparagus season by making it the star of this soup. Serve alongside some crusty bread to soak up all the creaminess!
INGREDIENTS 8 SERVINGS
- 2 tablespoon (30 milliliter) olive oil
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) each diced onions and leeks
- 3 pound (1.5 kilogram) asparagus, cut into 1-in (2.5 cm) pieces, save tips for garnish
- 1 pkg (946 mL) Unsalted Vegetable Cooking Stock
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) water
- 3 tablespoon (45 milliliter) Salt-Free Herb and Pepper
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) grated parmesan cheese
- 1 In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add olive oil, onions and leeks. Sauté for 5 minutes. Add asparagus and sauté for another 3 minutes.
- 2 Add remaining ingredients except parmesan; bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until asparagus is tender. Remove from heat.
- 3 Purée mixture in a blender or food processer; return to pot, add asparagus tips and parmesan, heat for 5 more minutes.
Test Kitchen Tip:
o Make it vegetarian by omitting Worcestershire sauce