Peppery arugula. Crisp cucumbers. Tender tomatoes. Lightly toasted pita and salty Feta cheese. What’s not to love about this simple chopped Lebanese salad? Finish with a tangy homemade vinaigrette starring Club House® Spices before serving.
INGREDIENTS 10 SERVINGS
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) Shawarma Spice Blend (see below for recipe)
- 1 teaspoon (10 milliliters) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 plum tomatoes , cut into thin wedges
- 1 medium seedless cucumber , chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper , cored, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup (250 milliliters) baby arugula leaves
- 2 pita breads , lightly toasted and torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 Mix vinegar, lemon juice, Shawarma Spice Blend and sugar in large bowl. Gradually add olive oil, while mixing with wire whisk, until well blended.
- 2 Add vegetables, arugula, pita pieces and parsley; toss to coat with dressing. Sprinkle with feta. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
- 3 Shawarma Spice Blend: Mix 2 tablespoons (30ml) Club House® Organic Ground Coriander, 1 teaspoon (5ml) each Club House® Ground Allspice, Ground Cinnamon and Ground Cumin, 1/2 teaspoon (2ml) each Club House® Ground Ginger and Ground Turmeric, and 1/4 teaspoon (1ml) Club House® Ground Black Pepper in small bowl until well blended. Store any remaining Spice Blend in tightly covered jar in cool, dry place.