Here, tomatoes are seasoned with Savoury Seasoning from the Tasty™ Seasoning Kit to create an herby, flavourful broth that serves as both poaching liquid and sauce. Tip: Poaching guarantees moist, flaky fish every time.
INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic , thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons (10 milliliters) savoury , divided
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces/398 ml) whole tomatoes , undrained
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) dry white wine
- 3 bay leaves
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 (6-ounces/188g each) white fish, such as cod, halibut, or sea bass , skin removed
- 1/4 cup (60 milliliters) thinly sliced basil
- 1 Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of Savory Seasoning and cook until fragrant, stirring often and ensuring the garlic does not brown, about 3 minutes.
- 2 Increase the heat to medium. Add the tomatoes and their juices, crushing well with your hands, then add the wine and bay leaves. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove bay leaves.
- 3 Season the fish with the remaining teaspoon of Savory Seasoning, salt, and pepper and place in the skillet. Cover and cook at a bare simmer until the fish is opaque throughout and beginning to flake, 5 to 7 minutes (thicker pieces will take longer to cook).
- 4 Gently transfer the fish to shallow bowls and spoon the poaching liquid over. Top with basil.
- 5 Enjoy!
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.