Sweet soy, tamarind paste and chile sauce add sweet and spicy Asian flair to these vegetarian skewers. Serve as a vegetarian starter or as a hearty side. Photo credit: Joanne Bruno from Eats Well with Others.
- 1/4 cup (60 mililiters) sweet soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 mililiters) tamarind concentrate (paste)
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon (15 mililiters) chile garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5 mililiters) Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 mililiters) Ginger, Ground
- 2 cups (500 mililiters) cubed extra-firm tofu, (1-inch/2 1/2-cm)
- 8 Brussels sprouts , trimmed and halved
- 8 pieces pieces cubed butternut squash , (1-inch/2 1/2-cm)
- 1/4 cup (60 mililiters) water
- 1 tablespoon (15 mililiters) chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon (5 mililiters) Sesame Seed
- 1 Place first 6 ingredients in blender; cover. Blend on high speed until smooth. Place tofu in large resealable plastic bag or baking dish. Add 1/4 cup (60ml) of the marinade; toss gently to coat well. Refrigerate 20 minutes.
- 2 Meanwhile, microwave Brussels sprouts, squash and water in medium microwavable bowl on HIGH 2 to 3 minutes or just until tender. Drain well. Thread tofu, Brussels sprouts and squash onto 8 skewers.
- 3 Broil or grill over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes per side or until lightly browned and tender, brushing occasionally with 1/4 cup (60ml) of the remaining marinade. Sprinkle skewers with green onion and sesame seed. Serve with remaining marinade for dipping.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.