Baked bell peppers stuffed with a flavourful mixture of ground beef, orzo, onions and Tex Mex Seasoning are the perfect answer to busy weeknights.
INGREDIENTS 8 SERVINGS
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) orzo pasta
- 8 medium green bell peppers, tops cut off and seeds removed
- 1 pound (500 gram) lean ground beef
- 1 cup (250 milliliter) each canned black beans, rinsed and drained, canned diced tomatoes with juice and diced onion
- 6 tablespoon (90 milliliter) Tex Mex
- 1/2 cup (125 milliliter) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Cook orzo as per package directions and cool.
- 2 In a large bowl mix orzo with remaining ingredients except mozzarella.
- 3 Divide mixture into 8 and fill each pepper. Bake on a tray in oven at 400°F (200°C) for 25 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C). Top peppers with cheese and bake an additional 2 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- 4 Let rest for 5 minutes.