INGREDIENTS 4 SERVINGS
- 1/2 package (99 gram) Stir-Fry Rice Noodles
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliter) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (50 milliliter) julienned carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliter) Fish Sauce
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliter) sugar
- 1 small Thai chile, minced
- Ground Black Pepper , to taste
- 2 cups (500 milliliter) shredded cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup (50 milliliter) chopped fresh Thai basil
- 1 Bring large pot of water to boil. Add rice noodles; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until noodles are tender but firm. Rinse under cold water; drain well. Set aside.
- 2 Heat oil in large skillet or wok on medium-high heat. Add carrots, garlic and green onion; stir fry 30 seconds. Add rice noodles; stir fry 1 minute. Add fish sauce, sugar, chili and black pepper; stir fry 1 minute.
- 3 Stir in chicken and basil until well mixed. Serve immediately.
- 4 Thai Kitchen Tip: Thai basil has dark green leaves with purple stems and has a licorice flavor. It can be found in most Asian markets. If unavailable, substitute Italian basil.